BECOME A MEDITATION TEACHER
LEARN MINDFULNESS FOR REAL LIFE
Wednesdays & Thursdays from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm ET:
Level 1: May 18th, 19th, 25th & 26th
Level 2: June 15th, 16th, 22nd & 23rd
Level 3: July 13th, 14th, 20th & 21st
Level 4: August 10th, 11th, 17th & 18th
Level 5: September 7th, 8th, 14th & 15th
DHARMA MOON 100 HOUR
MINDFULNESS MEDITATION TEACHER TRAINING
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Develop the skills you need to become a certified mindfulness meditation teacher. Gain a complete understanding of meditation and an overview of the stages of the Buddhist path.
Aimed at students who wish to become more skillful in presenting mindfulness, this training is perfect for anyone seeking to integrate teaching meditation into their existing modalities – such as therapists, social workers, yoga teachers, health care professionals, educators, and coaches.
The training is aimed at those who wish to become more skillful in presenting mindfulness and anyone seeking to integrate teaching meditation into their existing modalities, such as:
- Social workers
- Yoga teachers
- Health care professionals
- Anyone looking to deepen their individual practice and study
This program will help you gain a more complete understanding of meditation and an overview of the stages of the Buddhist path. Participants will:
- Learn the foundations of Buddhist philosophy and practice
- Have the opportunity to lead mock teaching sessions in one-to-one and group settings, receiving constructive feedback from teachers and other trainees
- Learn how to relate clearly and precisely to the most frequently asked questions and difficulties from beginning students
- Build a supportive learning community with your fellow classmates
- Develop greater presence, balance, clarity, and insight by strengthening and stabilizing your own meditation practice
- A Dharma Moon & Tibet House Certificate of Completion to students who complete all requirements, make a satisfactory teaching presentation, and pass a written final/oral exam on the material covered
REQUIRED TO RECEIVE CERTIFICATION:
- Full participation of all levels of the training
- Mindfulness meditation practice for a minimum of 20 minutes per day, at least 5 days a week for the duration of the program and maintain a log of daily sessions
- Private 1:1 Mentoring Session with an Assistant Director
- The Wisdom of No Escape – Pema Chodron and manuals associated with each training level
- Completion of final written and oral exams
Founder & CEO Dharma Moon
David Nichtern is a senior Buddhist teacher who has been practicing and teaching meditation for over 40 years. He was one of the initial American students of renowned meditation master Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche and studied closely with him soon after his arrival in the United States in 1970.
David is also a business consultant with companies creating a variety of offerings integrating meditation in a larger health and well-being context, including Goldman Sachs, Journey Meditation, Creative Live, True Nature Meditation (Tokyo), Balanced Athlete, The Center for Health & Healing, Om Births, and Kobre & Kim law firm among others.
He has been featured in The New York Times, FOX News, Netflix’s The Midnight Gospel, Huffington Post, The Buddhist Geeks podcast, Duncan Trussell Family Hour Podcast, You Made it Weird Podcast with Pete Holmes, and many others. David also hosts his own Podcast based on his book Creativity, Spirituality & Making a Buck.
David is the author of the critically acclaimed Awakening From the Daydream: Reimagining The Buddha’s Wheel of Life and Creativity, Spirituality & Making a Buck. He mentors individual students both in person and online, and leads meditation teacher training programs around the world.
He is a highly regarded composer, producer and guitarist, as well as the founder of Dharma Moon Records and 5 Points Records. David has recorded and played with Stevie Wonder, Jerry Garcia, Lana Del Rey, Maria Muldaur, Paul Simon and many others. Among his many credits in records, film and TV, he wrote the classic song “Midnight at the Oasis” and composed the score for Christopher Guest’s film “The Big Picture”. In recent years he has produced multiple records for and periodically tours with Grammy nominated kirtan performer Krishna Das.